Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Be Encouraged to have Courage

As I prepare to facilitate Bible Study today, I am reminded of a dream that I had as a little girl.
I once wanted to become a pilot. I even stated this publicly on stage the night I became queen. Now as is watch CNN news this morning featuring a news story on Kimberly Anyadike- A native Compton, California who at age 15 in the youngest "black" female to fly cross country, I am reminded of several things. As children we are fearless. Fear comes from adults and situations that scare us. The Bible teaches that fear is not from God. (I Tim 1:7) At some point (after witnessing a few plane crashes), I developed a fear of flying and there went my desire to become a pilot. So now I tell others that if God wanted me to fly he would have given me wings.

In complete contrast to flying, I now know that I am doing what God has called me to do, because I am fearless. Proclaiming the Word of God energizes me and it gives me joy to see others come to know Christ. I love hearing, reading, teaching, and sharing the Word of God. I thank God for what He has allowed me to do thus far and pray that He gives me more time. But this one thing I am sure of---when it is time for me to go--He will find me busy.

Be encouraged to have courage to do what He has called you to do. Step out in faith and allow Him to take all the glory that is due His name. If you receive praise----Praise God!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment