Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Reflection on Michael Jackson- "This is it" Movie

Today I had the opportunity to be at the first viewing of the Michael Jackson movie and I would like to share my reflections.

I attended the movie with my 22 year old daughter who really didn't want to see the movie. She works at the theater, so naturally she was my ticket in. (She was forced--LOL) Anyway, she remarked after the movie that she was glad that she had seen it.

What I found most remarkable about the film is the fact that Michael Jackson is dead. What I was watching, was indeed the last recorded film of his life. It finally hit home that all that talent was forever silenced. A very long time ago Michael was a star to me that could never be measured against any other. He was more that a singer, he was an entertainer with talent. He did more with his life in 50 years than most people do in 75 years of life. He definitely had many issues to face in his life, but did he really ask to be any one person's Hero or did he ever ask anyone to idolize him? I would think not. He did appreciate the love that was shown towards him, but I don't believe that he ever wanted the "worship" that he received throughout his lifetime. For those of you who don't agree that it was "worship," you have not seen too many his concerts. Regardless of how Michael lived his life, I can truly say today that his death is a loss to the world because of his talent. I also reflect on the possibility that now perhaps the world would never put anyone on a pedestal as they did Michael. Although it is quite possible to love celebrities and appreciate their talent, we must never place them is such high regard that it causes us to "worship" them in anyway. So my final reflection on the movie is to say that I totally enjoyed seeing Michael perform because I appreciated and loved seeing how talented he was. But, I also reflect on the fact that he believed in God, and as such, had to have recognized that God is a jealous God. I pray that all of us would consider that God alone deserves Worship. Moreover, HE wants us to Worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. You must know Him to Worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.

Be Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment